Forklift Mechanic Job Description
We have an immediate full-time job opening for a shop forklift mechanic / technician. If you have a mechanical aptitude with a mechanical background and wish to improve your skill sets we want to hear from you!
If you have completed training in an automotive or diesel-engine technical school program the Forklift Technician / Shop Mechanic position is an excellent opportunity.
We are a privately owned company who cares about our employees and wants each of our team members to grow and flourish. Come to work at Cleveland Forklift / Martin Industrial Truck and see what it is like to be appreciated for a job well done. Enjoy the diversity of forklift repair and maintenance where you can perform brake jobs, tune-ups, oil changes, transmission and engine rebuilding, steer axle repair, fuel system repair, tire mounting, hydraulics and more!
We offer on the job training to help round-out your current automotive mechanical abilities. Do not hesitate to apply if you do not have prior forklift repair experience. Many forklifts use popular Toyota, Nissan and Kubota engines. Come talk to us about your next Forklift Mechanic Job.
The ideal candidate should:
Have the ability to work independently
Have their own tools
Must be able to drive a forklift
– Troubleshoot, diagnose, and conduct mechanical, hydraulic, and/or electrical repairs.
– Communicate repair issues to the Service Manager and make required repairs.
– Complete each repair in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
– Ability to work 40 hours per week
– Strong mechanical skills
– Electrical skills are a plus
– Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
– Solid computer skills are a plus.
– Knowledge of internal combustion engines
– Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics is a plus
– Good communication skills.
Benefits package includes:
– Health Plan Package
– Paid Holidays
– Paid Vacation
– IRA Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Browse our website to learn more about Cleveland Forklift